Payment not working

jordin333

so i paid for something on a website and it says you will get your thing in about 1-24 hours but i haven't then i asked them what's happening and they said paypal hasn't gave them the money you will have to wait 7 days.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jordin333

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account, pending OR completed and if the former is there a clearance date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jordin333

@kernowlass

it says completed and i messaged them and they said you have paid but they haven't got the payment yet its pending
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jordin333

If its completed in YOUR account and pending in THEIR account then its the new seller hold and has nothing to do with you and the seller should send your item asap as the pending status for new sellers is between Paypal and themselves.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You have paid, the fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between him and paypal as he is a new seller.
He is supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then his funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 3 days.

He is at no more risk now than if he had the funds in his bank account, the hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund buyers in the event of a dispute (then paypal have to refund under buyer protection).

Tell him if he refuses to send then you would have to file a dispute for non receipt of item and that would impact on his paypal account as such an early seller and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR he may not be allowed to sell.

Send him this link.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jordin333

@kernowlass]

should i dispute it as they may be making me wait till it stop pending and then shut down there paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jordin333

I think they just don't understand the system.

And anyway even if they close down there paypal account you would still be protected under Paypals buyer protection policy and would be able to open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item.

Do as i advised above and send them all the information I gave you above or send them to this forum.........then if they don't send your item start a dispute for non receipt of item and then escalate to a claim when you get that option DO NOT close that claim until paypal have sorted it for you.

BUT I think if you supply the seller with the info given they may send.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.