Payment Fraud

Aikasa
New Community Member

Okay, so this morning I was checking my emails and one of them said that a user has spent over 50 bucks on my paypal. As curious as I am, I go check it out and as stated the guy makes 3 transactions that are between 20-50, adding to about 70 bucks. Now whats really concern me is that Paypal is doing literally nothing about it.

This is what I did:

I contacted my bank first, as that seemed to be the most reasonable situation. They said I had to contact paypal in order to fix the situation. After waiting almost 2 hours, paypal responds to me saying that I should file a claim - which is also known as a dispute. They told me to keep an eye on my emails (which I did). 

35 minutes ago, I got 3 emails saying that all the 3 transactions have been denied.

• I mean lets get this straight, they only researched the "investigation" for about 3-4 hours and they're already judging my claim as a "denial", that's like coming up to a murder investigation and claiming you already found the suspect. It doesn't make any sense.
  • Also, they gave me no reason on why it was a denial just the fact that it was one. How fair right? PayPal's too lazy to actually solve cases, how hypocritical.
  • They didn't bother checking on the IP addresses on where exactly was the payment placed, or checking my payment history. Now as stated, I usually spend around 10 bucks a week. I don't really go above that line, now all of a sudden, I get 3 transactions that go above that restriction? Isn't it at all  bit suspicious?

I thank you Paypal, I've lost 70 bucks for absolute no reason, and I don't even know how. I must congratulate you. 

- Aika

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.