PayPal protection

johnsoned
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email today from PayPal stating that my complaint relating to a purchase I made through PayPal was denied. The stated reason that the item purchased was delivered. The problem is that the item was not delivered to me. The tracking # that was sent to me by PayPal and was verified by USPS as an item addressed to another house in my community. Since the package was addressed to the wrong house I have no way to retrieve it. This means that I was given an incorrect tracking # by PayPal. I have every reason believe that PayPal was given the wrong tracking number by the seller or that PayPal gave the seller the wrong address. Either way I am not at fault, yet I have paid for an item that I never received. I used PayPal for this purchase as I do for any purchase where it is available as a purchasing option because I understood that PayPal’s purchase protection program would actually protect me in situations like this. Please explain in more detail why my complaint was closed.

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-116037807

Transaction Amount: $70.00 USD

Dispute Amount: $70.00 USD

Transaction ID: 74Y32385WW218060B

Transaction Date: June 2, 2021

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

johnsoned
Contributor
Contributor

I just received confirmation that I will be receiving a full refund of the purchase price of the item I never received. All it took was a pleasant phone conversation with a PayPal representative. Next time I will make a call first.  Using the resolution interface on the website I was neve able to get my point across. 

Thank you,

Ed <removed>

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @johnsoned,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear the case wasn't found in your favor. For further assistance with reviewing the claim, I would recommend getting in touch with our customer support team. You can reach them by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also review the following Help Center article for more details on Checking the Status of your Claim

Thanks for your time,

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

johnsoned
Contributor
Contributor

Copied from The Better Business Bureau's website.

BBB Scam Alert: Tracking Code Trick Costs Online Shoppers

By Better Business Bureau. August 25, 2020.

BBB Scam Tracker has received many reports of a trick scammers are using to steal from online shoppers. The con artists are exploiting a PayPal policy and deceiving online shoppers into paying for goods that don’t exist. 

How the Scam Works: 

You are shopping online and find a site with amazing deals, often brand name goods at a significant discount. The website and the products look legitimate, so you decide to take a chance and make a purchase. The site instructs you to pay through PayPal, which should provide extra security.

After checkout, you get a confirmation email that contains a tracking number from UPS, FedEx, or another shipping service. After a few days, you log onto the site and see that your package has been delivered. That’s funny, because no box ever arrived! You call the shipping company, and they confirm that the package was delivered… but to the wrong address.

When you try to correct the mistake, you find that the ecommerce site is either unresponsive or unhelpful. In some cases, the site doesn’t provide contact information; in others, they simply don’t respond to your emails or calls. 

By denying my claims you are tacitly participating in this scam. My next communication about this will be to the Office of The PA State Attorney General. You have my word that this will never be over until I say it's over.

Login to Me Too
Solved

johnsoned
Contributor
Contributor

I just received confirmation that I will be receiving a full refund of the purchase price of the item I never received. All it took was a pleasant phone conversation with a PayPal representative. Next time I will make a call first.  Using the resolution interface on the website I was neve able to get my point across. 

Thank you,

Ed <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.