PayPal not helping me recover money

CJJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Money was sent from my account by mistake to a person who doesn't deserve it. I found them on Facebook. At first, they promised to send my money back. Then they changed their mind and claimed "I already spent it". Then they mocked me ("Poor you ha ha") and blocked me on Facebook. They won't reply to my emails. PayPal is not helping me so far. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJJ1 

It would have helped if you said HOW you sent the funds to the seller ie which paypal option and also how you funded that payment ie which linked funding source via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CJJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Esteemed Advisor,

I'm the customer. I pay service charges to PayPal. Is it my job to solve PayPal's problems such as negligence and failure to protect customers from scams?

A con artist tricked me into sending money supposedly to help typhoon victims. Instead, I caught them spending my money for a deluxe beach holiday. When I tracked them down online, they promised to return the money. Then they mocked me "ha ha, sucker" and ran off with the money.

Yet such losers are allowed to continue operating on PayPal, which does nothing to stop them. How pathetic.

I have an idea. How about users file a class action suit against PayPal. Surely this same thing is happening to thousands of users. If you won't protect us from criminals, then maybe the courts will. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.