PayPal not abiding by COVID-19 protocol; ITEM CLEARLY NOT RECEIVED

BlueHeron_1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @WarrenPink  PayPal is claiming that an item was received when it was wedding music at a wedding that never happened because of the government shutdown. PayPal is not training its workers to align with its latest COVID-19 protocol. A complaint has been filed with the California Department of Business Oversight (complaint #38992) as well as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (case #200402-4890818).

I just got another canned response this morning from PayPal which tells me that my "item" was received when this is impossible since, again, it was for music at a wedding that NEVER happened because of COVID-19. 

In advance of the wedding (which was slated for March 28 and canceled by the government), I paid for music that NEVER happened in two installments. The DJ failed to cancel even though he KNEW he would not be able to perform. PayPal refunded me for one of the installments but failed to connect the other installment with it. Same exact item - music for my March 28th wedding, but two different transactions (installments).

The same pattern is happening - In the resolution center, I ask for the case to be reopened because of this PayPal mistake, it is opened, and then I get the same canned response that the "item was received" when it was clearly not because the wedding NEVER TOOK PLACE.

Please let me know what to do next, @WarrenPink.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

renkks
Contributor
Contributor

If your complaint doesn't get resolved, file with the Better Business Bureau too, I am planning on doing so if my own complaint doesn't get resolved.

Login to Me Too

BlueHeron_1
Contributor
Contributor

@renkks can you let me know the resolution of your case? I'm still waiting for @WarrenPink 's counsel.

Login to Me Too

renkks
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for a resolution. I'll let you know if I have an update

Login to Me Too

BlueHeron_1
Contributor
Contributor

Ok @WarrenPink please advise. 

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @BlueHeron_1

I Replied to the other thread, I'll be waiting for your reply.

Stay Safe! 😊

Login to Me Too

Mlgodsy
Contributor
Contributor
Can you tell me how long you waited for your resolution claim to finish and receive refund? I filed claim on June 2nd, resolution date of my claim keeps changing. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.