PayPal denied my refund

Worthdesigning
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim to get my money back on service not delivered. Just got an email saying it has been denied. I am absolutely - I don't even know the word.

The guy wrote 5 lines of code in 16 days - that don't work - and after much asking of had he done any work (16 days of "have you don'e anything yet"), he said to PayPal that he delivered what I asked, which he didn't. I paid 75 British pounds for nothing - that's around $148 AUD - I feel like I've been robbed firstly by this guy, and now PayPal.

I'm upset, and angry - I'm not using PayPal for any client ever again, and won't be using it to buy anything ever again. I feel gutted and betrayed. I simply can't afford to lose this money.

I am upset and angry - I'll just use Stripe in future - PayPal can go to hell.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Worthdesigning 

There is little protection for virtual / digital content with paypal.

There is also mainly protection for non receipt and not SNAD.

Did you fund your paypal payment via a credit card? Always a must in my opinion, if you did then contact them for a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Worthdesigning
Contributor
Contributor

I'm cancelling all my PayPal subscriptions.

There's no way this shouldn't have gone in my favour - there's no way PayPal would know that quickly who is in the wrong.

I just got a friend to test out the "work" the guy did and it didn't work for my friend either - so PayPal's method of resolving disputes is more like eeny meeny miney mo. Who will we pick... no-one will know.

There's obviously no system.

PayPal said in their email "Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). This decision was made because our records show that the item or service associated with this transaction was delivered to you."

Oh really.... and what records would these be? The guy who ripped me off stated "As I have already developed the popup and delivered it to your server, I'm declining the request." He didn't deliver a popup - he delivered code that doesn't work - 5 lines of Javascript in 18 days - for which he thinks $143 AUD is a reasonable price. So PayPal's "records" is some dude saying he delivered something, when he didn't. And that wasn't the only work he was supposed to do. He was also supposed to fix some php coding, which was not done.

Oh, sure. That's ok, PayPal - it's ok that I got ripped off and you believe this guy, even when it's a total lie.

Did you go to the page where he put the code that doesn't work and test it out? I very much doubt it as nobody asked what page it was on to test it out.

Very shonky "resolution" system - farcical.

PayPal is finished for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.