PayPal blocked my account

MariusP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

after reading all those horror stories about people getting their accounts blocked by paypal and creating a lot of stress, I got to the point where I thought I would never be.

Starting with this year I started working as a freelancer, and after about 5 months of work I started looking how I could withdraw the money.

Having already a PayPal account, and the freelancer website supporting Paypal, it was a no brainer.

I have transferred first about 100 dollars to see that it works, and then transferred the whole 4k to start paying some bills with them.

Surprise surprise, when I transferred the 4k, the account got blocked, and I got an email requesting me to provide the personal information, proof of address and proof of identity.

First interaction with PayPal validation process.

I provided the personal information, and my identity card where both my picture and my current address is visible.

Result first interaction: SINGLE_DOCUMENT_RECEIVED_FOR_POI_AND_POA

Some complaining from my side, since both information are there.

Second try

I provided an invoice from my internet provider, where my name and the actual address as stated in Paypal is displayed.

Result second try: POA_LOGO_OR_FOOTER_MISSING

Wait what? what logo? As mentioned the information was in the invoice.

Third try

I provided a bank statement, where the name is specified, but now I am afraid that because the address is not written exactly as I have it in PayPal, it will get rejected.

I would appreciate any help regarding the following:

1. What is POA_LOGO_OR_FOOTER_MISSING

2. Do you have an idea as to why Paypal blocked the account.

2. This is in no way proactive from Paypal, blocking an account without a heads-up specifying which are the cases when it gets blocked. At least my bank never did something like this. How can we improve the process, since I must admit after several months of work, Paypal blocking my money it is a very insecure feeling on my side and does not make me use Paypal ever again with anything else than small amounts for ebay buying. I keep asking myself, what happens if everything is ok now, and Paypal blocks the next transfer, and I really depend on that money.

I would appreciate any feedback from Paypal or members of this community.

Best wishes and stay safe,

Marius

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MariusP
Contributor
Contributor

I see that Paypal is also investing the money which is in the accounts.

Since they do not make transparent when an account gets blocked, and also only releasing funds for permanently blocked accounts after 180 days, that it is a good way of covering investments and cashflow challenges that they might have.

In my scenarios, I only got an error code, which is not covered anywhere in any documentation as to what it means and why they could not use a perfectly valid invoice. But in the meantime they continue to use my blocked funds.

#addtransparencypaypal

Please see another thread, where people are asking about Paypal investing our money.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Does-paypal-earn-interest-on-monies-held-while-verifyin...

Login to Me Too

MariusP
Contributor
Contributor

I got an update from Paypal, saying that the above error means that the company that issued the invoice does not have the logo on it, and that I should ask the company to add the logo.

The company name, together with their address, legal information is on the invoice, so it does not make sense what they are asking for.

Basically Paypal is asking me to go to the company, which issues the invoice for about 10 mil. people, to ask them to change the template so that I can validate my account on Paypal.

It does not make any sense. Would someone from Paypal please respond to this, to shed some light as to why it is not possible to validate the address if all the information is on the invoice?

So much energy invested from my side and also from the people who are responding to my messages, from Paypal side, for such a simple matter.

This is where processes do not make sense inside a company, and are not customer oriented.

Login to Me Too

raquel0909
New Community Member
I always have the same problem. Like how am I gonna get my funds from PayPal??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.