PayPal Not protecting consumers

flajeepdiver
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get the blame it on the Pandemic excuse?  that among other things it looks like PayPal is overwhelmed by requests for refunds for non-shipped or wrongly shipped merchandise originating out of China.  I guess they hope if they hang us out long enough we will forget about the item and they won't have to offer the protection we thought we had.   Don't give up,  Don't give in!  Keep records.   Right now all calls are being diverted to a call center in the Philippines.   They do not have any authority to resolve our issues.  They can not issue a refund.  Asking for a manager just gets you another person in the Philippines with no more authority than the first person.   PayPal makes money on each transaction so they are not in any hurry to get you a refund, or protect us.   Be vigilant, keep records and don't give up.  Also by the number of complaints against PayPal these days it looks like it's time to find another way to pay.  Avoid shopping on Facebook since they offer nothing to protect consumers.  Ebay has become dangerous too as there are many vendors shipping from China.  Even when I select only the USA as the location I've still gotten products directly from China.   I think it might be time to head back to the malls.  Wear your mask.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.