PayPal Erroneously Taken Nearly £100

Azteck
Contributor
Contributor

I have exchanged countless e-mails with PayPal.

They steadfastly refuse to answer any questions, my latest e-mail to them was;  

“You need to be a bit more explicit, rather than repeatedly saying: ‘This decision is made because your billing dispute doesn’t match our qualification for a billing dispute.”

What qualification criteria is PayPal using?

I repeat: ‘Please prove that the ebay buyer paid. (This would be the normal commercial requirement.)

He did not.  Therefore the charge by PayPal / ebay is incorrect.’  (I attached the ebay Unpaid statement.)

Please explain to me how it is that PayPal can operate to a different set of Laws.

PayPal; Please answer the questions asked rather that repeatedly sending me incorrect e-mails.

The latest e-mail for PayPal says: ‘Find out how your purchases are protected ... ‘

What purchase have I made?”

I expect answers to each question.

Its so simple, PayPal have charged me a few pence short of £100 for an ebay transaction that did not take place.  I even attached the ebay Unpaid statement.

In PayPal's latest e-mail, I can not find any method of reply.  It reads:

'We received the claim(s) you opened on 1 April 2020.  We’ve reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s).  This decision was made because this transaction was not authorised.

We’re sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Learn More about PayPal Purchase Protection

Find out how your purchases are protected and how we investigate claims by clicking Security at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Transaction information:  etc.”

How do I get the attention of someone who reads, understands and knows the Law?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Azteck 

Yiu can file a dispute as item not received but since you have already files one you can no longer appeal by logging in to your paypal account. You need now to contact paypal customer support through live chat. They will be able to file the appeal on your behalf.

Here's how you can get a representative.

1 Log on to account

2. Click HELP at the top menu.

3.Scroll down and click CONTACT US.

4.Scroll down to click EMAIL US ; Message Us

I hope this helps. Have a great day and keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Azteck
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your efforts on this.  I have tried this route many times in the course of this dispute and got no-where.  At your behest, I have tried again.  I have asked them to contact me - let's see what happens.

The situation remains:  PayPal have forceable taken nearly £100.  The item was not sold (on eBay), therefore no fee is due.  PayPal seem incapable of reading or replying the what is written; rather they send responses that just show that they have not read a word.

Help !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.