PAYPAL SCAM

elimorse
Contributor
Contributor

I owe paypal $210 now... what a scam.

SO heres the story, two days a go I met someone and I sold him shoes in person. He said he could only do paypal. i said fine. We met, he paid, I gave shoes, and life went on. Today paypal says I must pay $210. Here are my questions.

#1 How do I show paypal my profe that we met.

#2 The email he used on paypal is fake so what should I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elimorse 

Did they already ruled on the case? Or was a case opened awaiting for your response and the amount was deducted from your PayPal balance? The case has not been escalated yet?

PayPal does not cover in-person pick ups or delivery in person so either party are not protected and the thing of it is, the buyer seemed to send payment in a way that was not properly categorized as or shown to PayPal that it was a pick up. It’s not like you sent an PayPal invoice and added a note it was a pick up/deliver in person situation. Was a shipping address included in the payment details? Then to win you case, have to provide tracking number as proof of delivery, if you don’t have an image of their photo ID, it’s a you said, they said situation. Explain that it was a in-person pick up/delivery in-person in your response to the case and let the chips fall where they may, provide any conversations to the effect that it was a pick up.

Always read PayPal seller protection terms to see if PayPal is appropriate for the transaction you are making as the protection have their limitations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

elimorse
Contributor
Contributor

Still an open case but I don't know where I should put my photos of prove. Also, what happens if they make me pay and i dont pay...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.