PAYPAL IS HELPING/PROTECTING FRAUD COMPANY?!!!

shanggao
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute case around June 1 because a fraud company didn't ship items or refund to me. What they did is just sent me a fake tracking number in January but it never work. They cheat and lied to me 30 or 40 times whenever I asked them to ship out the order or whenever I asked them for refund. I sent some pictures about the transaction and details to Paypal. Facts are there and very clear! But without any update or resolution, Paypal suddenly closed the message discussion with me, WHY?! THIS IS VERY RUDE TO CUSTOMER! You have all the information and facts, why you took so many days since June 1 but still didn't have a resolution?! My money was hold by that fraud company since January! I have been using eBay and Paypay since about 15 years ago or even earlier, but I recently got too much trouble to get ANY TINY help from eBay AND Paypal! YOU guys made it too difficult for a buyer to report fraud transaction and too difficult to get refund back! You don't a contact number to call and NO updates in a few weeks but suddenly closed the discussion without a resolution! I NEED MY MONEY BACK! IT'S LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS SINCE THEY HOLD MY MONEY! YOU ARE HELPING/PROTECTING THAT FRAUD COMPANY TO STEAL BUYER'S MONEY!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shanggao 

Duplicate post, you have already been told that because you didn't escalate the dispute to a claim then paypal never became involved and the dispute timed out 20 days after you opened it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shanggao
Contributor
Contributor

I said these descriptions on Paypal about 20 days limit confused me too much! These gave some information like seller will respond in next 20 day! I remember that is what I read. Okay, let's say it's just expired in 20 days, but seller lied from the beginning in January and never ship items out. They asked me to give them more time due to virus spread wherever in the world, I just wanted to be nice. But the end result is they are cheating and never ship items out at all so it finally passed the deadline to report or escalate! They are playing the games and policy! Why you allow/encourage a fraud company to cheat and hold buyer's money for more than 6 months but just limit a buyer/member to report/escalate in 20 days??? Where is the logic??? ARE YOU DOING BUSINESS WITH SUCH FRAUD COMPANY???

Login to Me Too

shanggao
Contributor
Contributor

I also was questioning why the message discussion on Paypal (not this one) was suddenly closed without any updates or a resolution?

Login to Me Too

shanggao
Contributor
Contributor

In another word, Paypal is NOT helping/protecting the party should be protected!!! Too hard to contact Paypal, no number to call, no message or updates in a few weeks!

Login to Me Too

shanggao
Contributor
Contributor

On Walmart.com, I placed many orders, for one of them, I ordered a file cabinet. When I received the order and opened the box, I found a corner of a piece of wood was broken, I can't use it. So I contacted both seller and Walmart with pictures. I just told them I don't want to replace the whole file cabinet, I just need a new board for replacement so it's convenient for seller and me also. Walmart told me if seller didn't respond in 24 hours, Walmart will automatically make a full refund to me. I just wanted to be honest and nice to seller always, so I waited for 3 more days instead of 1 day but Seller still didn't respond at all, then I called Walmart and they made full refund! Walmart (and Costco also) is doing right and good business!!! They only give seller 24 hours to respond and buyer can return any bad items at any time, maybe even 1 month later, 2 or 3 or even 6 months later, this policy makes buyer feel more comfortable and protected! But why Paypal (with very confusing message online) limits 20 days only for buyers to escalate a case while Paypal doesn't do anything when a fraud company held buyer's money for more than 6 months?!! THIS IS JOKE! DON'T SAY IT'S PAYPAL'S POLICY TO ME! JUST THINK ABOUT IF YOU ARE DOING RIGHT BUSINESS?!! NOW, FROM WHAT I READ AND HEARD, YOU ARE NOT HELPING GOOD BUYER BUT CREATING MORE ISSUES AND HARD TIME FOR GOOD BUYER/PEOPLE!!! YOU ARE NOT FIGHTING AGAINST FRAUD COMPANY/ACTIVITIES BUT CREATING MORE PROBLEMS!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.