Order refused. Payment taken.

Deltadawn
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered medication by prescription for my dog.

From their site, I was transferred to PayPal.

I later received an email from the company, cancelling my order, as an error was made on the prescription, so they would not accept it.

This was four days ago.

Now I see that PayPal have paid the company, and will be taking it from my bank account

What do I do now, please.

I cannot find a category on PayPal which is appropriate for my problem.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
In addition, if the seller refuses to refund you may open a dispute in the Resolution Centre, within 180 days of the payment date, if you didn’t receive the item you paid for.

To open a dispute:
1. Go to Resolution Centre.
2. Click Report a Problem.
3. Select the reason for your dispute and click Continue.

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate your dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute to a claim, PayPal will review the case and decide the outcome.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Deltadawn

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

We know it can be concerning not having to get your money back instantly for a cancelled order specially that you need it for your dog.

You can contact the recipient to request a refund of any payment for up to 180 days after you sent it.

Here’s how to find the seller’s contact information to request a refund:
1. On the Summary page select the transaction you want to cancel.
2. Use the contact information to send the seller an email.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too
Solved

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
In addition, if the seller refuses to refund you may open a dispute in the Resolution Centre, within 180 days of the payment date, if you didn’t receive the item you paid for.

To open a dispute:
1. Go to Resolution Centre.
2. Click Report a Problem.
3. Select the reason for your dispute and click Continue.

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate your dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute to a claim, PayPal will review the case and decide the outcome.

Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Deltadawn
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

I got in touch with the company, and they have refunded

Does PayPal transfer the money back into my bank account, or am I now in credit with them?

I have never been in this situation before.🙂

Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Deltadawn

How your PayPal payment was funded determines how your refund is returned. If your payment came from your bank account, it will be refunded to that bank account.

You can also view the status of your refund in your Activity.
1. Go to Activity.
2. Click Advanced search to see the dropdown menu.
3. Select Refunds.
4. If needed, select the desired date range to see your refund.
5. Click the refunded transaction to view the details.

Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Deltadawn
Contributor
Contributor

It is back in my bank account.

Thank you again for your help.

Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@Deltadawn

Glad to assist 😊

Have a good one!
Login to Me Too

wojciechf74
New Community Member

Complete BS from paypal. Payment taken from my bank account, item never received, seller unreachable, started a dispute and paypal doesn't see anything wrong, dispute closed. Why is paypal an accomplice to this theft? Unwilling to help victimized people. Why is paypal unreachable through phone or email? Is COVID spreading by phone now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.