Online Scam and poor support from PayPal during Covid-19

Amulla
Contributor
Contributor

I am a victim of an online scam where a Chinese seller sold a chair but sent me a piece of cloth instead. I raised a dispute through PayPal. Previously, they were good in resolving these issues (pre-Covid). Now they have asked me to return that piece of cloth to this dodgy seller and provide them a proof. They will refund the amount once this scammer will receive the item. I have no problem with this. But guess what? The flipping return address is in Chinese language?

I am trying to message PayPal (as we can't talk to an agent) and I am keep getting the message that they are offline and their opening hours are Monday - Friday: 5am - 8pm PT but it's 19:12 in UK means 11:12 PT. Still keep getting the same message. Trying to look for an email address so at least I will have an email evidence but there is no email address either.

My frustration is that there are so many organisations who are running their helpdesk where their agents are working from home during Covid. Due to distance working, the wait time is longer than normal but at least you can speak to some one and resolve the matter. With PayPal it's not a option. Any idea, how can I go forward with this without loosing my deadline to return the item and get my full refund?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.