No PayPal Buyer Protection? Deposit Paid But Item Never Arrived. PayPal Not Helping.

clarue614
Contributor
Contributor

I was planning to purchase an item from a forum and agreed with the seller to a $100 deposit, then pay the remaining $400 balance once the item arrived to me.

After I sent my $100 deposit, the seller then said I have to pay another $150 for "taxes, stamps,duties, shipping" (which was an immediate red flag). The seller confirmed the total $500 selling price was inclusive of shipping and all fees. 

The seller is now ignoring all of my calls and emails. I paid quickly via paypal and didn't realize I paid with my linked bank account, not credit card. I submitted a claim via paypal and they declined it. So I can't even escalate the dispute to a claim.

I also called my bank (Chase) and they said there's nothing they can do since I initiated the transaction. 

Is there any kind of buyer protection in place for events such as this where I paid for an item and never received it? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.