Newchu Inc.

SC76er
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Anyone use Newchu Inc to buy anything online? 

I purchased something in February and have not received it yet.

I opened a case on resolution centre but then received contact from NewChu support promising to resend the product so I allowed the case to expire on Paypal resolution centre.

Anyone with any info on them or had any dealings with them. At the time of purchase I was directed to the site via a reputable site so I didnt look for reviews of NewChu. Lesson learned.

Regards

<edited>

Login to Me Too
172 REPLIES 172

Not2Good

Corachic

I bought three items on May 14th 2 of them were to be a gift the last item a pair of boots were for me. They items were shipped but I never got them after several months of delay I received notification the parcel had been delivered but not to my address to someone in Calgary Alberta because the sender but the wrong postal code on the item. I have asked them for a refund starting a month after the original delivery date, I have been told the logistics people would look into it, false , I was then told the financial department would be issuing a credit, false . This went on for weeks. I golf PayPal involved through the resolution Center they told me the problem would be corrected by Aug23 than Sept 1st than Sept6th ,unbelievable. Very disappointed in everyone .

Login to Me Too

Not2Good

I to have had the run around rom both Newchu and to my surprise PayPal , extremely disappointed in both parties but mostly with Paypal

Login to Me Too

JaceP
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you avcontrolfreak for your advice,

I have done this now with Paypal.

I hope there is resolution from this.

Login to Me Too

avcontrolfreak
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't had to try the credit card route yet, but it would have been my next avenue of defense if PayPal had not come through for me.  But that's great for you!  Do you remember how long after a charge the CC company gives you to open a dispute?  I would imagine most of those companies use the same timeline/deadlines.  

Login to Me Too

Cranalarlldoda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, sorry I don’t know. Good luck

Login to Me Too

Type97
Contributor
Contributor
After receiving automated replies from useless PayPal, I am now going through American Express. They have been a little more aggressive so far and have actually refunded the payment back to me. Paypal responds that they can’t pursue (like they really were...sure) while AmErican Express has opened up the case. I will probably be dropping Paypal because of this. Maybe they’ll actually do something if we all drop them. We need to take this to the news sources. This is actually a big deal that will get bigger as fraud from China and other countries increases.
Login to Me Too

Mieke77
Contributor
Contributor

It's disgusting that these companies can rob people like this and even worse that PayPal let them. I'm glad American Express are doing something for you. I will contact my bank today to see if they can do anything in this matter.

Login to Me Too

valmach
Contributor
Contributor

I am afraid to be the bearer of bad news.... This is a Chinese criminal organisation.. they have several names and all of their servers are in China.. I have written to anyone that would listen.. no one has done anything.. i have been waiting for a refund  from PP since June..  here is some advice.. handmade shoes. com .. reasonable and well.. hand made.. tell them Valentino sent you.. i don't work for them.. i just don't trust retailers with my feet.. 

Login to Me Too

Mieke77
Contributor
Contributor

We all need to hound PAyPal and don't let them get away with not resolving these issues. I've also had NewChu rob me. They tell me that items shows delivered, then they offered to re-send the items when i insist i have not received them, I ask for a new tracking number for the new parcel and they start to ignore me. So I open a dispute through PAyPal. The dispute stays open and unresolved for months as they wait for NewChu to respond, and then when I go to check the case, it's been closed. I have contacted Paypal, they say that NewChu provided proof of delivery and I need to provide proof that it wasn't delivered by way of getting EMS logisitcs to admit they sent it to the wrong address. I cannot get hold of EMS as they have no contact email address and their tracking website does not recognize the tracking number. I wonder of they are even a real company now. I have made Paypal re-open the dispute and have sent them screen shots of all the negative reviews on NewChu and the EMS website. I will not let them close the case until they refund me. 

p.s. I've seen another company called CoraChic sell the exact same products and I suspect they are NewChu, just renamed. BEWARE!

Login to Me Too

avcontrolfreak
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same initial verbal BS response from PayPal, but about USPS.  That's a waste of time unless the shipper paid for additional tracking services like signature required or something.

And yes, I noticed that on the Corachic website as well.  There's actually a few different companies that advertise on Facebook, but when you go to the website, they all look like the same website template...just a different company name on the masthead.

This is very frustrating to see so many with the same issue about the same company.  I understand that PayPal would let anyone in initially because that's how they make money...but after this many complaints, you'd think they would cut them loose from using their services.  I've always told people new to online shopping to make sure they use PayPal so they have some level of protection.  But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  Seems you might be better off just dealing with a credit card company instead.  However, then you run the risk of exposing your full credit card number to potential scammers.  Can't win it seems...except to shop locally.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.