NO LONGER USE PAYPAL

RJA2
Contributor
Contributor
A person living at the same postal address as me has just had his eBay and PayPal account suspended for selling a copyrighted item. Now I’ve just had an email and notification stating I CAN NO LONGER USE PAYPAL as apparently I have violated the Acceptable Use policy. I’ve read the policy and asked multiple times how I’ve been judged to have violated it but the only single response from PayPal was APPEAL REFUSED. As a 50yr old, I’ve had a PayPal account for over a decade and use it for generally buying household stuff from eBay. I have definitely not violated PayPal’s policy. Am I guilty by sharing the same residence address?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RJA2 

Appeal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Lea221
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Sorry to hear that but it's because you are using the same address that your whole address cannot be used anymore with PayPal or eBay because the person sold a copyright. I know this sounds unfair that your whole address has to be punished for that wrong doing.
Login to Me Too

RJA2
Contributor
Contributor
So how do I resolve this? I’m not changing address! If I can get the actual offender to close his eBay and PayPal account, will my restriction be lifted? At that point there is no violation connected to the address so no association between us?
Login to Me Too

Lea221
Contributor
Contributor
Well theres nothing you can do maybe if you kicked that person out PayPal might be able to do something. But as long as theyr living there theres nothing you can do.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RJA2 

Appeal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.