My account was hacked and paypal doesn't want to give my money back

florhrr

A few days ago my account was hacked and they expend over $2300, they used some of my credit cards so I call the bank and cancel the cards. But there were 4 transactions that they send money to others accounts with my debit card and paypal says that there isn't anything wrong with them! I even had to call them the day after the hack because I couldn't access to my account, so they knew that something was wrong with my account. Where do I go from here?
They even bought a helicopter tour for Chernobyl for the 18th and I'm from Argentina, that was never going to happen on time hahaha
Sorry for my bad english

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DennyRocket
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

Ich had two weird transactions I did not recognize. One was refunded, the other one was "deemed legit" with no further reason or questions and the ticket was closed.

How they handled the ticket was absurd. It was just closed and denied with no further reason or explanation. The fact that you can't even comment or enquiry how they made those decisions is infuriating.

Login to Me Too

DennyRocket
Contributor
Contributor

I still think the ticket was poorly handled, but the issue has since been resolved. I got my money back.

Login to Me Too

lynne6666
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem this morning.  The hacker took 4 payments totalling 100 Euros.  Paypal just closed the case saying there is nothing wrong!

I am not happy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.