My account was hacked. HELP

justseth01
New Community Member

Hi,

Someone drained my paypal balance of about $2,000. It says they used a paypal Key which I have never used and didnt even know that existed until tonight. I cant get anyone on the phone or find any email. The resolution Center bot wont let me stop, report or do anything in regards to the transaction which is still pending. Is there anything I can do? How did this happen? I changed my password already. I had face ID on. I am freaked out.

IMG_4171.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dramaburger
Contributor
Contributor
A very similar situation is happening on my account. There are now 5 pending payments to CITIBANK, N.A., totaling $3894 in pending payments. When I try to report or dispute, it says I cannot dispute a transaction of this type. When I try to chat, it doesn’t understand and tells me to try tomorrow. This is both infuriating and terrifying. My key is also brand new, but the transactions don’t mention whether not it was used. I’ve also changed all the passwords and security steps. But I feel really unsure of how to proceed. I also have Face ID, etc. Let me know if you find help, please! Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.