Money back

Mark_Legend
Contributor
Contributor

I did not recieve the item from the seller, so i reported it. Now he contacted me, and said to me, that i have to cancel my report or claim, that i already recieved the item (but i did not) and then he can send my money back. Is that true or lie? Because this is the first time, that something like this happened.

Can you help me please? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_Legend

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless having a dispute process at all.

NEVER close until you have a refund, if he refunds you then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mark_Legend
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that i was thought, but wanted to be suere, so i asked. 

So what i have to do now? @kernowlass

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_Legend

Escalate to a claim if you haven't already and wait for paypal to make a decision?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mark_Legend
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Can i do it right now, or wait some time? Because i do not trust him.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_Legend

You can escalate at anytime you want to as long as the escalate option is available but you MUST escalate before 20 days of opening the dispute passes or the dispute will time out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mark_Legend
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you. I was in touch with the seller, and he asked me for pay 10 or 25 euros more and then he can send me the item, but i did not accept it. So i decided to escalate it to the claim. But he said, that PayPal can do nothing, because his account is fake and his bank account is not connected with the PayPal. So what do you think? I am pretty sure, that he is a liar.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_Legend

If you win a dispute and he refuses to refund then paypal would refund you under their buyer protection programme.

They would also put his account into negative and limit it until he paid them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.