Money On Hold for 30 Days and Problems Uploading ID Photo to Lift Limits

Danahr

This week has been a nightmare in more ways than one.  I am in quarantine and have only been able to bill clients via Paypal.  The first one went through just fine, no issues.  I tried processing another client payment on Thursday of last week and nothing went through.  The client contacted his bank and this issue was not on their end. I sent a message to Paypal on Thursday requesting help.  Someone finally got back to me Yesterday.  The rep said to try to process the transaction again.  This time I met my client in person (in quarantine gear) and processed the payment via the card reader Paypal sent me. The transaction went through.  I went to transfer that money to my bank account and it said the funds were on hold for 30 days!!!!  The money has already left my client's bank account. I have never had a chargeback or any other issue with PayPal payments, zero disputes ever.  Then I get an email from PayPal stating they needed more information to lift partial limitations (not on all of my money, but part of it).  I follow the instructions and the system will not let me load a photo ID even though I have tried all of the different file formats indicated and ensured the file size was much smaller than what was required.  Still nothing.  I have sent another message to PayPal and am still waiting. I completely understand that everyone is going through difficult times right now, but this is insane. I have been a PayPal customer for most of their existence. It seems they are going out of their way to make life even harder for small businesses. Is anyone else having these issues?  Any advice on a resolution?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.