MagiCube webshop LI <removed> scam with "Radiance A3 Frontier Smartwatch"

Andresito1979
Contributor
Contributor

Does MagiCube webshop LI <removed> scammed You too with "Radiance A3 Frontier Smartwatch"? How to solve this problem without losing extra money on the return postage fees?

I ordered "Radiance A3 Frontier Smartwatch" from MagiCube webshop LI <removed> which looked exactly as "samsung gear S3" and the product I received resembles to "lemfo les1 chime". 

This is a SCAM, other ppl. were also cheated by the same person, the case it is documented here: 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/help/radiance-a3-frontier-smartwatch-t3818513/page27

The seller replied to my refund request the following:

"Dear Customer, We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention: 1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address: <removed>,yongfu Street, Bao'an District, Shenzhen,DUANGDONG,518000.

- LI <removed>"

I'm quite sure, that not the seller, but PP would refund me my money, but I don't want to lose extra money on DHL or UPS, because I'm quite sure that nobody would refund me that. 

Any advice in this situation?

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

yullub
Contributor
Contributor

he provide the wrong returning address too

Login to Me Too

amic12
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me.

I contacted the scammer, he never replied to my request for a refund !

Contacted PP who denied my claim !! I'm closing my account with PP since they support such scammers !

Login to Me Too

Oliver1908
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me but with a different product which is a vacuum cleaner. He sent a toy one instead of the one advertised and Paypal did nothing although there have been a lot of complaint about this seller.

For information, the resolution center did not do anything.

Is there anyone who have got their money back??

Login to Me Too

xsoobee
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed with a hoover as well. I too received a toy requiring batteries which does not switch itself off. I ordered a self docking hoover which could be used dry or with an added water tank. This was supposed to damp clean and dry. I should have known this was too cheap to be true. Can't find original order, but will escalate to Paypal to encourage them t do something for everyone scammed.

Login to Me Too

xsoobee
Contributor
Contributor

I have managed to find my original order via my pp account. As goods were left without a signature from me have told pp goods not arrived and as I have seen scam messages and have been unable to contact seller myself have asked them to forward my cancellation and request a refund. Will advise on here what happens

Login to Me Too

garypaul37
Contributor
Contributor

You should call again,  escalate case to dispute, if not done already adviser it is unreasonable costs to send back the item back.  advise pp of protection for item not as described, unreasonable return postal cost in relation to item value, that you can’t return an item to an address that dose not exists as it is a unit in shopping centre. Advise pp that seller has made unreasonable requests for specified return post reference the seller response e mail to return item.

Advise agent that that this sell is been investigated by pp.

If you not getting a result you want ask to speak with a manager. Ask what compliant process is as you want to make a complaint. With possible escalation of complaint been made to the FOS.

Dont wast more money in send the item back has you will lose more money this is the scam. Escalate to a dispute you will be told it is a 50/50 chance. If you lose I did not I got my money back. follow the complaint procedures, but in a complaint with the final outcome of taking it to the FOS.

Hope this helps

. Disputes with PayPal

14.1 Contact PayPal First. If a dispute arises between you and PayPal, our goal is to learn about and address your concerns and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Disputes between you and PayPal regarding our Services may be reported to Customer Service online via the "Email Us" link on the "Contact Us" page at any time, or by calling the Customer Service telephone number located on the PayPal website(s) and by logging into your Account.

14.2 ECC-Net, Financial Ombudsman Service and CSSF. If you have a complaint to make about us, you may choose to escalate it by contacting one of the following:

1. European Consumer Centre (ECC-Net). You may obtain further information regarding the ECC-Net and how to contact them at (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/redress_cons/).
  2. UK Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For UK resident Users only - the FOS is a free, independent service, which might be able to settle a complaint between you and us. You may obtain further information regarding the FOS and contact the FOS at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or by visiting the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution site at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
  3. Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF). The CSSF is the authority responsible for the prudential supervision of companies in the financial sector in Luxembourg. You can contact the CSSF at 283 Route d’Arlon, L-1150 Luxembourg. You may obtain further information regarding the CSSF and how to contact them at: http://www.cssf.lu or by visiting the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution site at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.

What is PayPal Buyer Protection and how am I covered?

When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund.

To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection:

• Use PayPal to complete your payment.
  • Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Centre within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
  • Keep your PayPal account in good standing.

click below for further info

Legal 

If your transaction qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection you are covered for the full purchase price plus the original shipping charges.

You can report your problem in the PayPal Resolution Centre or the eBay Resolution Centre. Either way, you’ll receive the same coverage. To find out how to report a problem on eBay, go to eBay and click Resolution Centre at the bottom of any page.

Login to Me Too

canelocohen
Contributor
Contributor

Today I got a message from paypal stating that they have successfully retrieved a FULL REFUND from the seller's account.

Thank you PAYPAL for listening.

I encourage you guys to continue to post and make reference these posts and the huge amount of evidence that something's wrong with this seller.

Login to Me Too

Jyang52
New Community Member

Hi all,

I'm a new victim who bought a tent from them and found this forum by searching the shipping address. I just escalated the case to PP and hope your experiences in this thread could help me. After this I will always search the seller's name plus "scam" before hit the buy button no matter how good their website looks.

I'm from China and live in US now, next I will do my best to report them to their local police and customs. I doubt they paid their taxes when sold to US. Plus the money amount they got from scamming, hope we can get enough evidence to send them to jail. I will contact your guys if need more cases. I will also update you about my case with PP and law enforcement in China

Login to Me Too

ant3774

Same problem with a vacuum cleaner, it is incredible that PP is doing nothing to stop this thief! PP should give a full refund without asking people to return the stupid crap toy worth few cents which the seller ships instead of what ordered.

Login to Me Too

Rio1118
Contributor
Contributor
I have got some other smartwatch then Radiance A3 frontier that i had ordered from the same web shope. I am very disappointed and angry. I don't know what to do now Rio
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.