Made a purchase online but don’t know if website is scam

MaribelSpickler
Contributor
Contributor

I Made a purchase online at singouse.com A sewing machine but I don’t know if this website is a scam. I saw that they have so low prices for singer sewing machines models just only today like 80% low price. I made a purchase but it didn’t show me when it was going to be shipped Or when it was going to be delivered. I saw that in my bank account was not charged yet. Do you think this website is legit? Or if it is a scam and they charge me without delivering to me, How can I report this if it’s a fraud? Would you help me find out if this website is a scam so they don’t charge me? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

HWB-53
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for this, too. I filed a complaint with PayPal and the company provided them a USPS tracking number. PayPal decided in favor of the seller Because they delivered the order. I researched the tracking number through the USPS web site and it indicated the “package’ was delivered “In or beside” my mailbox. I went to the post office with the report this morning. Their research indicated this shipment was a 1 ounce envelope which was placed in my residential mailbox. The post office supervisor told me it’s clear this was not a sewing machine, and asked if it was shipped from China. It was, but I didn’t know that until the PayPal complaint indicated it was Chinese. The postal service rep had ordered a playpen and received a little envelope with twine in it and was labeled as containing a clothesline. She never recovered her money. I paid $99.99 for this sewing machine which I never received. When I got home this morning, I remembered I had received a strange envelope last month AND STILL HAVE IT. It was from China and contained a bracelet made of cheap plastic beads strung together with a single elastic thread. the customs declaration is marked “gift”. The envelope has the USPS tracking number the company provided to PayPal. I took photos of the tracking report from USPS beside the envelope with matching tracking number, and the bracelet and am filing an appeal with PayPal. I am hesitant to ask my bank to back the payment out, as I don’t want to lose my access to PayPal.   I also found that the “Singer” website from which I ordered (singouse.com) has been shut down. 

Login to Me Too

MaribelSpickler
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, exactly the same problem with me except that in the envelope contained 2 little electric phone connectors. That wasn’t a sewing machine to me and never will cost $99.99 which I paid for the sewing machine! It’s incredible that these things happens and in this pandemic circumstances! Really upsetting!!!!! I am hoping for a soon solution from PayPal!!!!!
Login to Me Too

drpme
Contributor
Contributor

Update to my earlier post: Yes, I did receive an envelope from China some weeks before supposed "delivery" of sewing machine. Envelope contained paper face mask. Had no idea where it came fro, but now I know it supplied the "tracking number" that PayPal accepted as valid from singouse.com. I repeat: PayPal is complicit in this scam because the company supports the scammer without investigating the complaint. Very, very disappointed in PayPal as a business. BTW, the singouse.com website operates out of Turkey. This is an international scam with far-reaching tentacles. I have also filed a complaint with econsumer.gov, which may be our best hope. Another BTW, the email that PayPal has for the fake company is ***.  I had a reply from this email promising to pressure the delivery service. This email no longer exists. I am keeping copies of everything to send by certified mail to PayPal because I can't reach anyone online. The amount of the scam isn't worth this effort, but these crooks need to be stopped.

Login to Me Too

Kateeyma
Contributor
Contributor

This scam is covering loads of products and all are supposedly  shipped thereby having a tracking no and a product. 

Usually they are items that are not anywhere near the retail cost of the actual product. It seems to be impossible to find out who the companies are. Paypal do not seem to recognize that they are complicit in helping money being taken in a fraud. I think this is an international issue. 

Login to Me Too

Raj99
Contributor
Contributor

i am going through same situation. i did order from http://www.birdein.com/    a singer machine. received paypal receipt with tracking number , seller is  price inc.  as per tracking status - delivered but i have not received . but when i asked to post office for prrof of delivery - they gave me 4 pages with tracking info. they have delivered a envalope .  after opening the dispute with paypal ,  pay pal is saying if you let us know what you have received insted machine , then they can make a dispute wiht seller saying seller has delivered different product then discription . so i am going to send a paper to paypal which i have received . if you send proof to paypal that you have received different producrt then you will get your money back. 

Login to Me Too

Scammed620
Contributor
Contributor
I also was scammed for Singer sewing machine.6/15/20. I filed dispute 6/25/20 with PayPal right away saying thought it was a scam and wanted to cancel. However, the tracked package Wasn’t progressing through mail. PayPal contacted them to investigate multiple times extending the date to get response each time. I contacted USPS to learn that the package was stuck in customs in Chicago. They Didn’t have dimensions of package or weight. It was stuck there in customs in Chicago for weeks upon weeks. 8/5/20 I got email from PayPal saying they ruled in my favor and $99.00 will be deposited in my account On the PayPal site. On 8/5/20, $99.00 was deposited into my account.!!! Renewed my trust in PayPal
Login to Me Too

Kateeyma
Contributor
Contributor

Not always so. The dispute can be escalated and because I received an item I lost the money. Despite the fact it was a cheap toy not what was on offer. These companies are just putting pictures up and taking your money. How you tell which is genuine or not is hard, I am at the point of not using paypal companies as they seem at the core of this.

Login to Me Too

drpme
Contributor
Contributor

Now singouse.com has reappeared as singouse.club, listed as a clothing company and selling maternity clothing, but the singouse.com website can still be accessed through some "sale" sites. It is also listed on Pinterest and lauded in a piece in the New York Post, to which I wrote telling about the scam. PayPal tells me that because I contacted my bankcard company (after PayPal backed the scammers), PayPal will not accept my documents confirming the extensive nature of the scam. PayPal continues to get its cut as it funnels money to the scammers.

Login to Me Too

MaribelSpickler
Contributor
Contributor
Yes had the same problem... but mine was the stupidest thing that the scammer did. The tracking number that the merchant sent me, the delivered date was 4 days BEFORE I made MY Purchase!!!! How can that be possible? That was really stupid MISTAKE from the scammer. I am hoping for a soon solution from PAYPAL. For sure they have to see in my situation that this was a huge mistake!
Login to Me Too

JamiLeigh2
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. Ordered the sewing machine on 6/26/20 and the USPS Tracking # says the item delivered on 6/22/20 from Trenton. How is that possible? They took my money and now I hope that Paypal will resolve this. I should have known. . . if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Buyer Beware!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.