Lost dispute. Unable to verify the shipment. Did i loose?

Bernien1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I sold an item on a second hand marketplace. the buyer imediatly opened a dispute without contacting me first on grounds that it was not working proparly and claiming for a full refund. After responding the buyer did not respond and i won the dispute.

Fast forward 5 months and the buyer opened the dispute again claiming that he did not authorize the purchase. I responded with the original tracking details, pictures of the item and pictures, pictures of the original add etc.

2 weeks of havind a negative balance later paypal closed the dispute in favor of the buyer saying they were unable to verify the shipment information i provided. But the link and tracking details where verry much legit, where at around the same time as the money was transfered and had the same adres details as where in the original paypal money transfer the buyer did.

I did everything right and i lost everything. I dont have the product anymore. Making things worse paypal even charges mee with a 14,- fee. All this is a horrible experience.

What can i do now?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bernien1 

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute, its done directly via the buyers credit card issuer and they make all the decisions.

All paypal do is pass on any information on your behalf to the card issuer.

If the card issuer find in favour of their client then they charge you the dispute fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bernien1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I asked paypal and the told me that i lost because in the original payment he specified ''####strasse berlin france'' as the adres. I sold it to him on an german second hand market site where he told me to send it to berlin germany. also there is no berlin france? So how is that possible.

I thought paypal would be able to protect me as well as a buyer. Everything what he specified in the dispute he opened against me before shows that he actually got the item but claimed that is was broken. So how can he claim now that he never got it?

Is this fraudulent of him and should i concider pressing charges? adding the lost amount and the item that he took from me i am now in a deep dept.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Bernien1
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to get the machine i sold to him back to me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.