Delivery scam on Swappa / PayPal purchase.

mfmosley2

I purchased an iPhone on Swappa Saturday (8.21.21). The payment was processed through PayPal. 

Per Swappa the buyer would have to ship by the end of the day Tuesday for a weekend purchase. I asked the seller a couple times when it would ship and was radio silent. This morning, tracking was added. It says delivered in my city/state Monday but it's a scam. The shipment was created 8.18.21 which is three days before the listing was created and I purchased the item.

I opened a dispute but after looking through the forums it looks like others have been scammed by the fake tracking number. The seller has a tracking number showing delivered in my city/state even though it's not my item or delivered to my address. Will PayPal side with the seller? What can I do to get my money back? I cannot afford to throw away $850. Swappa has already contacted me and banned the seller (new account/no feedback) but they said to go through PayPal for the refund.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Done99
Contributor
Contributor
Keep after PayPal keep submitting claims. I had same problem and PayPal kept closing claims as denied. They tried giving me credit, but kept insisting and finally weeks later got my refund. Best to keep calling PayPal after you submit you claim merchandise not received. PayPal kept wanting me to get proof from Usps but Usps would not provide proof, just verbal over phone. Usps told me PayPal calls them constantly to verify tracking to confirm where it was really delivered. Usps made it sound like it’s a real problem with phony scams using PayPal to purchase items. Your claim will be merchandise not received. Be persistent and patient, you deserve your money, PayPal is not doing there job of confirming a real business.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.