Locked out

MonoPhaux
Contributor
Contributor

I have two problems with two paypal accounts: The first account is one I've owned for years but has recently requested photo authentication that I cannot provide as I am currently outside of the States, because of this I was basically told to close my paypal and make a new one in the region I currently live. This is a huge pain but I'm willing to work through it because paypal has locked all of my funds and I NEED to get them back.

A relative already living here has given me their paypal, but my next issue is that I cannot log into it. It won't take the password and when I try to reset it I'm given a message to receive a phone text code and the phone number that my relative had is no longer in use. If I can get their paypal unlocked I can (hopefully) just transfer the funds from my old paypal and then delete it, but I desperately need help as I've tried to call paypal (since apparently I cannot email them for a password reset??) and no matter how often I've tried something is wrong and I can't get through. It's been 4 days of trying and I need my funds unlocked!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MonoPhaux 

You can't just use another persons paypal account, that is totally against paypal rules.

If they can't verify there account via there phone number (which they are supposed to keep up to date) then they would need to phone customer services and verify via uploading passport details and answer security questions etc.

You should be opening your own account in the country where you are and adding a phone number / address / cards and bank accounts from that country to the account, then you 'may' be able to transfer the funds from your old account and close it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MonoPhaux 

You can't just use another persons paypal account, that is totally against paypal rules.

If they can't verify there account via there phone number (which they are supposed to keep up to date) then they would need to phone customer services and verify via uploading passport details and answer security questions etc.

You should be opening your own account in the country where you are and adding a phone number / address / cards and bank accounts from that country to the account, then you 'may' be able to transfer the funds from your old account and close it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MonoPhaux
Contributor
Contributor

Alright thank you! I hadn't been aware that I couldn't use someone's unused paypal. I'll be making my own one here and see about removing the funds from the old one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.