Limited disputes options?

megaabite
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased an item from a Chinese seller who shipped from California.  Items was not as described.  Opened a dispute.  Now the seller has agreed to full refund if I return the item to an address in China. This is the only option provided by PayPal.

Item was originally purchased and shipped from US address (California). Seller wants me to return the item to China??? NO! Items is -not- as described. Seller should pay shipping. My compromise is to ship to US address only.

This guy is playing the system and trying to take my money.  How do I get PayPal to help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

macbri19
New Community Member
I have the exact same issue. I tried to message PayPal earlier to ask the same question that you’re asking but messaging isn’t working. I haven’t been able to find a contact number to call PayPal. I will find one and call because, as you’ve said, they’re playing the system. I understand that I was scammed but there has to be another way to resolve this through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

pt19691
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue - claimed the items were from an American owned company - turns out they are a Chinese company and they make it incredibly difficult to progress this unless you return the goods to them which costs nearly as much as the item.

Paypal are next to useless - no reply to my emails, no reply to messages through the messaging system - they say they will reply within 1 hour - I've been waiting for 2 days.

I have even put a document together with evidence of this fraudulent company, but still no reply from PP.  I've now decided to take this up with my bank. Really disappointed with Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.