Let down by paypal for the second time

1m-done
Contributor
Contributor

Someone hacked into my account and sent $125 to themselves. less than 2 hours later I get home and notice this. I file a claim and change my password. according to paypal its ok that I was robbed because its apparently normal to log in from an unknown web browser. add multiple emails to my account and send money to an account ive never sent money to in the past. my claim was denied and I cant submit it to rereview. anything I can do to get my money back or is it time to abandon paypal altogether?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @1m-done,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

1m-done
Contributor
Contributor

I have. ive spent the last 6 days going back and forth with paypal in the support page and they have done nothing for me. all ive seen are automated messages telling me to do the same thing of reporting the transaction only to have it declined then not letting me appeal it. How can paypal just stand buy and let their users get robbed when they have obvious proof?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.