Just Eat Digital Gift Card Issue

Andy-R
Contributor
Contributor

One month ago, I purchased a £50 Just Eat Digital Gift Card to say thank you to a good friend who had done me a big favour.

She received the e-mail from PayPal, and clicked on the link provided. The Digital Gift Card then opened, showing her an image of a Just Eat Gift Card, and underneath there was a 12 digit card number, containing a mix of letters and numbers.

She followed the redemption instructions, set up a Just Eat account, but when she attempted to redeem the value into her account, it asks for a Pin number. There was no Pin number within the e-mail she received, only the card number, but when attempting to use the card number, she was  repeatedly confronted with an error message.

I've repeatedly requested help from PayPal, it seems they sent the gift card without a Pin number, but they refuse to help. Both I and the gift card recipient have contacted Just Eat, and they can't help without the Pin number.

Has anybody had a similar experience, and if so, how did it get resolved ?

As it stands, I've lost my money, and neither PayPal or Just Eat are doing anything to help, it feels like a total scam, and not something I'd expect from two such huge organisations.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ARJTC
New Community Member
Hi, Was this ever resolved? Got the same issue 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.