Item not received

mrrz500
Contributor
Contributor

I received payment on a item March 3 after we agreed on USPS priority international delivery from California to Manitoba, Canada. Which it said on the receipt would take 6 to 10 days. March 4th I send tracking number to the person by email. When I'm done I see I have a email from Paypal for a dispute on Item not received. It is for the item the item I just sold the day before going to Canada. I emailed the person and asked what the heck is this. He told me someone scammed him before so he does this not to get scammed again. In the meantime I had the funds taken from my account and I have to wait till he says he gets it to get my money. The bad part is I sold the item so I have spending money on my vacation. I leave the 7th I now have no money. Number 2 how does paypal let some file a dispute like that when it shows on the receipt how it was shipped. They have a tracking number. But the still let some start a dispute like that.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrrz500 

Buyers can open disputes whenever they want to BUT can't escalate to a claim until 7 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrrz500
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal advises to wait 3 days until doing for domestic.

Login to Me Too

mrrz500
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I was able to escalate today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.