Is there a way to get PayPal to cancel a pending transaction

Sachmosis
Contributor
Contributor
My husband registered with a website that had a 1.00 access fee, for an introductory 7 days, 69.90 thereafter. The only way to cancel it is to call them, but when he tried, he couldnt get through to them. The full amount has now been charged to my account, we have NEVER ONCE even logged into this website, and like I said, we were unable to cancel in time. The transaction shows as pending on my account, not completed, do you think paypal can stop the payment? The service has never even been used.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sachmosis 

The Pending temporary authorization with funds held, cannot be canceled by PayPal. It is an agreement with merchant to pay so only merchant can release you from it. However, once the payment is marked completed and posted at your funding source, you can dispute it. Whatever you do, do not dispute it as Unauthorized Transaction at PayPal. They will deny it since no one broke into your account to make the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sachmosis
Contributor
Contributor
So, what type of dispute should I list it under then, in your opinion?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sachmosis 

You can't open a dispute at all if its not completed if you read the advice you were given above.

If not completed it will time out at 30 days.

If it completes and you do NOT get your item then you can open one for non receipt of item.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.