I was scammed by PayPal

iwasscammed1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone i hope you are well

So PayPal itself is a scam believe it or not, so is Ebay

I purchased an item on Ebay, it ended up being a scam and Ebay immediately wiped their hands of it and made me pursue PayPal

I then followed all instructions to return the incorrect item i was sent

I was also reimbursed for sending the item back as i sent it back correctly 

To my surprise PayPal won't return my money even though i clearly followed the procedure correctly

They say i did not provide a valid tracking number, i also uploaded the proof that it could quite easily be tracked

They still refuse to refund my money and use a different excuse every time

I have contacted lawyers and consumer affairs and legal action is now in place

I either require more assistance to speed this process up as it has been 8 months now and they keep opening and closing the case

or i need to tell the world that this is just purely a marketing gimic and scam and we need to aware of the risks involved

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

iwasscammed1
Contributor
Contributor

yeah not sure if that helps me at all champ

are you suggesting i continue to repost and duplicate the message to others?

Login to Me Too

Whatishappening
Contributor
Contributor

I also are being scammed by Paypal.  I reported a fake company using 4 different names seling car mirrors. The started a case then stopped everything and won't respond to me now  This company is in Buckinghamshire UK using the name of HKG technology, Gouerdan and BTREE and three different Email address with no reply from any of them.   I am out $69.98 plus  I will also advise my attorney and consumers affairs.   I can only think Paypal is a criminal company. 

Login to Me Too

iwasscammed1
Contributor
Contributor

Oh they definitely are mate! I'm out for nearly $6000. They covered 80% of the return of the incorrect item but are giving me every excuse under the sun about getting out of paying it. The scammers are Avenir Design Studio and are still operating and PayPal are aware it. Ebay wiped their hands of it. Just continue to call and abuse mate. I am uploading my whole case to scamwatch and ACCC, ASIC, consumer affairs and my podcasts and websites. Happy to talk about your situation aswell. This is just **bleep** mate. I wish there was a way to talk off here. I feel this site is also monitored and useless just like PayPal the scummy dogs

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.