I’ve got scamed

faresgreat
Contributor
Contributor
I need help and advise how to resolve this dispute. I met a guy in a Night Club and had a conversation then gave him my contact number, next time we met he told me he needed some money from his credit card but he wanna use my account, I didn’t mind because PayPal is not that big deal in South Africa. I gave him my phone and he entered his card details in my profile but the transaction was not successful. Months after we were still seeing each other from my work place where he was living near by, he told me... One day I introduced him to my cousin who was coming from Canada for holiday, he asked him if he uses PayPal, my cousin affirmed, he asked again if he is able to withdraw PayPal money instantly, he said yes again... We hanged out couple of times and went over to the Hotel where he was staying, From there he asked for my phone again and put his credit card details and told me to try after a while see if money will go through my cousin’s PayPal, fortunately it went well and he was happy... he transferred money to my cousin over $2k (partially), he collected his cash then became rare and after we couldn’t see him anymore which we didn’t mind at all... A month after my cousin went back to Canada he started receiving complaints emails from PayPal regarding those transactions and on my side as well... Then after PayPal transferred the case to the Canadian Credit Collection Agency claiming all the amount that was transferred yet he was the vendor in the case and (me) who was supposed to be the buyer didn’t make any complaint against him... I consider it as threat because PayPal was not communicative enough and until now we are not able to contact them... Please help with some assistance
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.