I need help getting refund

williamb1
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a speaker from lownine.com which was way cheaper than it should have been. I should have known something was up right then ,but then i noticed that the transaction on paypal was Chinese so i looked into the website and eveyone says its a scam site.

i have sent 2 emails and haven't received :

1. any response email

2.any confirmation of sale email

3. any tracking

The site still says in stock and my order has just been processing forever and im worried if i take to long that i wont get a refund.

the site acts like all orders will be shipped 1-3 days and all orders will have confirmation emails and tracking within 3 days of purchase.

I tried to file a dispute saying that i learned its a scam website and would like a refund ,but paypal said it looked like it matched my recent purchases and a was not honored. Of course it matches my purchase history of items i don't deny that i purchased it ,just that its  a scam site and i knew i wouldn't receive the item or any response.

The transaction took place on june 24th and the money was withdrawn the same day and its now july 4th and nothing.

What should i do now ?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williamb1 

Sounds as if you opened a dispute for an unauthorised purchase, saying that is telling paypal your account was hacked and used without your consent.

Paypal would check IP addys and devices and see it was you that made the transaction and so close the dispute.

Why did you open a dispute for non recieipt of item............you have up to 180 days to open a dispute so I would have waited a few weeks and then if no item or tracking number then opened a dispute to get a refund.

You are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction so your only option is to phone customer services and see if they will open an INR dispute for you....no guarantees as they may say no as you have already opened a dispute for that transaction.

If so then if you funded your paypal account via a credit card then if the item does not turn up contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

williamb1
Contributor
Contributor

will they seriously not let me file another complaint and get a refund  on trustpilot there has been 12 complaints of being scammed in the last 7 days.my first dispute i filed wrong because it was the first time i have ever needed to file a dispute paypal needs to change the 1 time rule.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williamb1 

Did you actually read all of my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

williamb1
Contributor
Contributor

yes i did and thank you for your time. i have emailed paypal but they just give an automated response on how to dispute but it wont let me dispute and i didnt use a bank cc i used paypal credit. I guess like you said i have to physically call paypal. I just cant believe in this day you still have to call in person especially since tons of people have already had an issue with this website and used paypal to get a refund it just sucks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.