I have been scammed and PayPal wont help - any advice

yobo2004
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some Lego products and only after I ordered I saw they were coming from China and potentially fake. I never received the product which they claimed to ship in late April and PayPal wont help. I did some research and these companies create fake (but really looking) tracking information that you can follow and they send to PayPal. Of course, once it "arrives in the U.S.", the link breaks so you can track. The company uses this information to claim to PayPal that they have shipped products, working on the hope that eventually the person challenging will give up. PayPal falls for this and has not extended the dispute resolution date for the 6th time. This would NOT happen with a credit card.  Last week the company in China sent me a fake small necklace (not lego sets), again so they can "show" PayPal they sent something and PayPal wont help again.  Has anyone had similar experiences and can share advice. I wont use PayPal again, which I realize is the best advice and wont order cheap lego sets for my kids. Its just so frustrating that they wont help. Maybe I should contact some consumer investigation group at a TV station? and that is not a threat. Paypal just wont respond and help and I suspect they do that as they know most people will give up evenually.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

blfriedhoff
New Community Member

Yes, i am facing the same thing, i ordered Clorox Wipes and received a pair of socks.  Paypal will not refund because the seller says that the package was delivered.  I am going to do a charge back with my bank (or try to do so)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.