I got scammed

Hulkerz
New Community Member
So somebody from facebook marketplace bought yeezys from me (expensive shoes worth $275) so he sent $275 to my paypal and met up with me. I gave him the pair of shoes and then a month later he charged back saying it was an unauthorized purchase. Even his buyer’s note said (for yeezy shoes, sorry for the wait). Now i dont understand why paypal sided with him and they even charged me $15 so now my paypal account balance is -$15 minus the $275 he paid me. Isn’t it enough proof that he bought something from me and ran with it ?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hulkerz 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, sadly as you personally delivered the item you did not have any seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

colwobs
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal check nothing at all. They admitted to me on the phone that all they do in the case of a chargeback is pass on the evidence you provide, even reporting the crime to the police doesn't interest paypal. I was scammed for £44 so was lucky I guess but I refuse to pay the money and will dispute the chargeback and have reported paypal for negligence to the relevant financial institutions (not that it will do any good).

No more paypal for me I'm afraid.. No protection for the sellers and far too much protection for the scammers..

Login to Me Too

colwobs
Contributor
Contributor

I should also mention that my sale was an xbox live voucher on ebay with all of the transaction done through ebay messaging. I could now buy up xbox live vouchers on ebay and then start chargebacks for all of them and I would win as paypal has proven to me..

Login to Me Too

Twinsfan65
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened to my daughter except that was $1,500

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.