I got scammed and PayPal denied my case in favor of the seller

CanYouHelp

Hello, I had selected a website design company from Shopify Experts website (endorsed by Shopify) based on their advertised expertise and the promise to deliver a top quality high-end website for my luxury perfume by November 10th.  I had paid half of the agreed upon cost, $909.50. The minute they received the payment, the communication stopped. After several unanswered emails, I was able to get 1 call with them and subsequently a poor mock-up that was completely wrong. They promised to make a new mock-up. Again, no communication, unanswered emails. Finally, on November 16th i initiated a PayPal dispute to get the $909.50 refunded, as the web design company has misrepresented their skills and their ability to deliver a highly functioning high-end website in the agreed upon time. This, plus their lack of communication and their unprofessional stalling tactics have jeopardized my Christmas launch and caused me a significant loss of business.

THE SERVICE WAS NEVER DELIVERED.

Yet, PayPal  denied my case and let the scamming company keep my money. Their justification was: "This decision was made because we never received documentation that proves you are due a credit".

WHAT DOCUMENTATION DO THEY WANT?  HOW DO I GET THEM TO REOPEN THIS CASE? HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.