I didn't get merchandise from a seller, but PayPal won't refund my money

twyceguy
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 online purchases from an online seller called 50FlashSale.com.  After receiving email confirmations of the order, tracking numbers for the deliveries, and notice of delivery I realized I was probably the victim of a scam.  I fired off several emails to the address included on the delivery form informing them I had not received the items.  The emails went unanswered and unacknowledged.  After the 3rd attempt, I contacted PayPal with all the details included above.  Within minutes of opening a problem case on the resolution page I was informed the case had been decided, "after careful consideration".  I was told if I wanted to pursue the issue to contact the seller directly.  Evidently, the "careful consideration" did not include actually reading my message which clearly stated I had tried numerous times to contact the seller.  I also googled the seller's website and looked for scams associated and there were several warnings about the company including the BBB site.  PayPal makes it impossible to appeal the ruling, even though it clearly is not a fair finding.  I am angry!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

scohay
Contributor
Contributor

See my new post "Massive Dissatisfaction with Paypal Dispute Process".  At some point you will have to make a decision about the obvious massive fraud that Paypal is enabling.  You are a victim of not only the fraudulent site, but the company that enables the transaction, profits from it, and ultimately ignores their customers that have been fleeced.  Are you a sheep?

Login to Me Too

angel23276
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me. PayPal insists because the seller provided a tracking # (which BTW shows the product delivered to someone in my city 3 days before I ever even placed my order) that the have to side with them. I swear no one is even looking at the documentation you send them in a claim or they would plainly see. How on earth is something delivered 3 days before the purchased date on the receipt....I think a class action law suite against PayPal is in need. It Wouldn't be their first.

Login to Me Too

Temp20240121as
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I'm researching how to file a class action against Paypal, as this is incredibly negligent. They're profiting off it. Think about it, if they refund the buyer, they don't get to keep their cut. They're abetting scams to make profit which is textbook corrupt. I'm going to the Federal Trade Commission as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.