I can't make a dispute on an unauthorized purchase

Stormki
Contributor
Contributor

So recently someone got unauthorized access to my account, and bought from two different places. The first one i disputed today and got the money back later today. The other order, i can't dispute and it comes up with this error message:

Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details.

The transaction is right now saying its pending and is on the authorization stage.
Is there anything i can do to dispute the order now? Will it work when the transaction is no longer pending?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

72tx340
Contributor
Contributor

I believe you have to wait until it goes through. If its pending you cant open a case yet

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

72tx340
Contributor
Contributor

I believe you have to wait until it goes through. If its pending you cant open a case yet

Login to Me Too

momentumep

I had the same thing (different company) for a fake GoDaddy invoice. When I went to support and tried to file a case I got the message:

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details.

I can't repeat the steps I took (now that the invoice is canceled) but this is what I think I did:

1. Went into account activity.

2. Clicked on "view details" for the pending invoice.

3. Was given the option the PAY or CANCEL the invoice. I clicked CANCEL.

4. Wrote an appropriate message to the account that sent the invoice, i.e. "**bleep** off scammer".

5. Clicked whatever confirmation button I needed to to send the message and cancel the invoice.

It now shows up in my completed activity as "Canceled – Invoice Received" and there is a strike-thru on the amount. 

@Stormki

@72tx340 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.