I am stuck in PayPal support twilight zone for 2 months now....

jenlu69
Contributor
Contributor

I am so very tired now....

Early April I was contact by PayPal over email as they felt my web-site violated their usage-terms. The issue is we operate a sport-result/training web-site and have a 'freemium usage model' where you can upgrade to premium user to track training, results, ..., friends - and they felt we where selling physical good related to our sports (not ok according to them - but lets not get into this).

Here is where my journey down the rabbit hole started.

1) a while back we did contact PayPal legal support on exactly issue above and have written ok from them on this question. Still policys can change so perhaps a valid question anyway...

2) compiled answer to all questions and uploaded in resolution center - and started waiting.... and waiting... 

3) early June contacted PayPal over chat on what is happening and if they have all they need... got back not to worry they have everything then need and they will get back within 5 business days...

4) waited another week, then got email from PayPal that since I have not replied with requested info they have now downgraded our account and limited it (??? but....)

5) then contact them on what they need - and apparently they needed to docs again so I filed over chat and we are now in mid-june

6) next on my message-resolution center (after having send docs) the info now stated 'supplied docs have expired' and I need to submit again - and the best thing was that when pressing 'resolve' a pop-up windows opens with only a 'submit' button but no way to upload docs or enter stuff ????

7) now enter late June and beginning of July - had regular chats with support and promised answer with 72h every time and this came and went.... Repeatedly asked - do you have all you need and if so why is the message in resolution center stating 'docs expired' but no real answer on this (guess chat support staff do not see or have access to this).

😎 early July got message now over email that since I had failed to provide any docs to them my account will be severely limited end of July and I really need to contact them with info (like I have not tried....)

9) repeated contact with support again on chat on this - now they started having a very short tone reminding my friendly that they have all they need and will get back to me.... But I have a strong feeling support chat and real support are completely disconnected. In resolution center still says all my docs have expired and I need to re-submit (with a submit form consisting of a subimt button and no way to upload stuff)....

10) last week got finally an email saying 'you have an important message in message center on this topic' - logged in and of course there was no message there anywhere??? asked support chat for this and got another short message in essence saying 'stop asking things and wait for us to get back to you'???

11) logged in this weekend and now a message appeared in Message Center asking for a guest account + login to our service, checked the docs I provided in April and first lines in these docs contained this 😞  And since it is weekend and the chat is closed, there is no phone support, the submitt-button in Resolution Center still does not allow me to supply anything.... so just thought I would write these lines here...

Right now it is the 18th July and PayPal has promised to close my access to account end of July if I fail to give them info and material to help them decide if we are breaching their terms.

Note I am not complaining about this question from PayPal - fully understand this - just wished they would match a Support level responsiveness to the urgency of this questions as this risk to directly affect my web service and the 40 000 users of it and as a paying PayPal customer for 10 years I simply feel frustrated and completely stuck in Twilight Zone.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.