How to get in contact with PayPal

rob_cool
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, MY eBay was hacked last November and a load of fake purchases went through. I got billed almost £1000 even though they said they wouldn't take it, I received most of the money back (still waiting on £180 from them still!) however there seems to have been an issue with my bank as they apparently raised a separate chargeback at some point and received the money from PayPal, tbh this had nothing to do with me nor did I have any knowledge that had happened. 

PayPal then limited my account and consistently accused me of getting my bank to raise a chargeback which wasn't the case at all! This went on for a couple of weeks and they finally agreed to create a separate page where I could upload my bank statements to prove that I hadn't received the refund twice. This however didn't work and the confirm identity button on the page they created didn't work and just refreshed the page. Since then they have fully locked my account, no money in or out and have restricted what I can send/message. 

I am in desperate need of the money I have in my account, I haven't been able to pay for some bills and am being charged for this. I can't get through over the phone to them, they haven't been replying to my emails/messages and I simply do not know what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas? This is really stressing me out as it has caused so many extra issues for me, this whole hacking situation has cost me hundreds of pounds in damages and trying to recover from it, it doesn't seem fair that massive companies like PayPal and eBay can penalise people and hold money like this with no way of getting in contact to solve the issue, I have done everything I can do try and sort this out and PayPal, in particular, have been the most useless, unhelpful, rude customer service I have ever experienced. 

Thank you for your help in advance, I just really need this sorted it's beyond a joke 😞

Regards

Rob 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.