How to declare a dispute about Fraud

Anniel34
Contributor
Contributor

I have been advised to declare a dispute. There is a woman using Facebook to defraud PayPal customers. I found out on the day I made a small payment. I know I will not get my money back, but I want to declare a dispute. PayPal have known about this frausdster for a long time, but have taken no action against her. I want to add my case to the ever growing list of people conned by this common thief.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anniel34 

Did you send her a gift of money via the friends/family option OR did you send a payment via the goods/services option in which case you have buyer protection and can open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item or service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Xsticher
Contributor
Contributor
I'd like to know who you're talking about as I think that's happened to me as well. Frustrated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anniel34 

Did you send her a gift of money via the friends/family option OR did you send a payment via the goods/services option in which case you have buyer protection and can open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item or service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anniel34
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot declare a dispute as i used Friends and Family option as payment was to a charity. However, i am dealing with my UK bank which pays for my PayPal purposes and am asking them not to pay PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.