How do I reopen a closed dispute?

calvinrosson
New Community Member

I was scammed by a mofylook.com ourchase. I am out $69 USD.

I opened a dispute in early April, and the Case ID: PP-D-61298001 describes the 'deliberation' that depended on the NewChu llc (a Chinese LLC) provided information.

I ordered what was advertized as 4 containers of Clorox 75 count antiseptic wipes, and eventually (while the dispute was active) they mailed me a small package of a chinese branded wipe.

PayPal's dispute resolution was for me to mail the product to China, and once it was received, the NewChu company would refund my money. The cost of mailing/shipping with tracking was about equal to the original purchse price and frankly, I didn't trust the NewChu comapny to refund my money.

So I 'won' the dispute, but lost my money becuse I didn't ship the bogus product to China

Are there any other options?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@calvinrosson 

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.