How can you lodge a complaint

joebloggs3
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to lodge a complaint - where if your account is limited you must agree to provide papypal authority to share your information with equifax so they can run a credit report on you - seems ridiculous and overbearing where you are forced by default to agree with their request or you cannot update your account details - stealth by default.

not happy jan

Joebloggs3 rant over

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

continually asking Paypal to explain why this is also gets you a generic reply with FAQs but never answers the question of why.

Login to Me Too

mcqueen63

Had a look at their User Agreement which was updated in April:

"17.4 You may not be able to close your account where you have:

1. A negative balance;
  2. A dispute in progress;
  3. Any account restriction, limitation or hold; or
  4. An outstanding balance on your PayPal Working Capital loan."

Those limitations at the moment are:

Withdraw money from your PayPal account
Send money or payments
Refund customers
Pay using PayPal
Close your PayPal account
Remove a credit or debit card
Remove a bank account

But from 10th October, 2018, not only will you be limited to the above access but also not able to receive money or payments if you don't give in to PayPal running a credit check on you.

A few points down and there maybe an option (but not preferred) of closing your PayPal account:

"17.8 If you do not access your account for a period of 3 years, it may be closed. After the date of closure, we will use the information you provided to try to send you your available funds. If we are unable to send the funds to you they may be subject to the unclaimed monies laws."

I've been trying to close off my account as well since I disagree with the verification process using Equifax. Same response as everyone where they ask you to resolve your account limitation.

Not preferred option:

1. Close your bank account and cancel all credit cards attached to your PayPal account
  2. Unsubscribe to any notifications
  3. Change your PayPal password into 20-character (I used LastPass to customise and generate this)
  4. Logout and wait for 3 years
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.