Help!

ReallyPeeved
New Community Member

Is this the worst company in the universe or what?

I've been a member forever.  Tonight, PayPal put limitations on my account and is insisting that I give them my passport or driver's license.  Seriously?  Like I can trust them to secure those?  I can't even trust them to respond to me.  They also want something they call a "purchase receipt from my supplier."  I don't even know what that is.  How am I supposed to provide something that I don't know what it is?

I've been on the phone waiting for help for well over 3 hours at this point.  3 hours on their PayPal Assistant, too.  No response on either front.

After all of the business I've done with them over the decades, this is what I get--they created a problem with my account, they expect me to fix it, and they don't respond to my repeated requests for help, on the phone or on line.

Can anyone tell me why I should continue to do business with them.  I found the close account button.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Kirvee
Contributor
Contributor

Seems this happened to several people, myself included.

Maybe it's a bug on their end? Wouldn't put it past them.

Login to Me Too

ReallyPeeved
New Community Member

I don't know.  All I do know is that this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.  There is no customer service.

After all the business I've done with them over the years, I deserve better than this.

Login to Me Too

tanyacasey25
Contributor
Contributor

I agree I have been on the phone waiting fro 4 hours .

Login to Me Too

tkj64
Contributor
Contributor

I have just got the same message, many years with them, and i dont have the photo id, and its asking for a reciept, from what??

crazy **bleep**, cheers

Login to Me Too

AsunaEclipse
Contributor
Contributor

we are all having problems and having our accounts limited i cant do anything.. i use paypal for literally everything so this is honestly just a disgrace i have also been in a call for 4 hours straight with no answer..

Login to Me Too

tkj64
Contributor
Contributor

same here, i use it to travel to work and back daily, on uber or ola, now it seems i cant use this as my payment, plus all my other food and ebay purchases, cheers

Login to Me Too

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

If they are asking for a purchase receipt from your supplier you just need to provide an invoice that shows as paid in full or $0.00 owing.

Login to Me Too

tkj64
Contributor
Contributor

i dont have a supplier, i use it for my uber and ols travel to work, and uber eats, so a reciept from uber will do?,thanks for your time, cheers

Login to Me Too

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

If the receipt shows what was purchased and that it was paid it should be fine.  I process reimbursement claims for a living so proof of purchase and payment is something that I always ask for.

If the receipt is just like a credit card machine receipt that just show the business and a purchase that may not be enough.  I need to ask for something that shows exactly was purchased (example:  4 widgets at $3.00 each = $12.00) and that it was paid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.