Help my account has be hacked

cindibent
New Community Member

Our computers were hacked at work and they got my login and password then used my bank account to charge almost $3500 in merchandise at Bestbuy with a next day pickup.  I put a dispute in and they said that it was an authorized purchase and closed my dispute and they are going to charge my bank account again in 3 days.  I have tried and tried to call them but for whatever reason, they are having technical difficulties and you cannot reach a live person.  I never, ever make large purchases through PayPal in all the history with them why is it when you are telling them it is fraud they think it isn't and you have to jump through hoops trying to get them to listen, they are the ones that are going to be out all that money.  Any ideas on how to reach a live person?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cindibent

I think what paypal consider an unauthorsed transaction is when your paypal account is hacked and used with out your consent.

However yours wasn't it was your business computer that was hacked which to be honest is not paypals responsibility and they accessed your paypal account with your email address and password. Presumably as well you saved that password so it was accessible to anyone that hacked your work or home computer?

Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and see that they were yours and not a scammer for eg in another country hacking your Paypal account.

To check or appeal .......................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.