Help me plz!

Kristy_May
Contributor
Contributor
So couple months ago I added a payment method using a debit card from a bank account well I ended up having to cancel this bank card and having to request a new one through said Bank after somebody broke into my account upon getting a new one I had forgotten to log back into PayPal and update my bank card on file. Then a couple weeks ago a friend of mine sent me some money via PayPal and when I went on to my account I had a limitation on there that I noticed. So I go to the resolution center and I go to the resolve area, I resubmit my ID and and I see that it wants me to verify a Bank card on file as well no big deal I had thought because I have both my PayPal prepaid Mastercard and the debit card that was linked to my bank account that was no longer a valid card but it said a card on file but when I clicked on the resolve button only option that appeared was the card that is no longer an active card so I go to contact PayPal and can't get through on the phone and was told by the robot machine operator thing that my request going to be completed at that time into please contact PayPal through the message center so I go there and tell them the issue about my bank card and get told to contact my bank so I do but my bank no longer has that card information on file and tells me that all I have to do is add my bank account account number and routing number on there to verify so I go back 2 PayPal to follow my Banks instructions but when I go to add the numbers like I was told by my bank I get an error code stating there was an issue to try again until I do and then I get another area code stating that I'm an accountant mutation indigo to the resolution center so I go back to the message center and tell them all the steps that I've taken to try and verify my bank card number so I can receive my money in the reasonings why I couldn't and request to I do verify my other account on file and or my security questions and answers and or my social security number or what I could do to get this fixed seeing as how i wasn't going to be able to verify this bank debit card and get a response stating that they understand that it's frustrating but without providing the requested information they would not be able to lift this account limitation. So now my daughter and I are out on the streets living in a vehicle which is already bad enough as it is but I can't even afford to feed us nor put gas in our car nor get our car repaired so we can start heading back home which is why my friend has sent me the 560.85 to Begin with! I'm so beyond frustrated with all of this and idk what to do cuz until I have all funds out of my PayPal I can't even request closing my account. Nor can I transfer any of the funds or anything! Like I'm just a young mom trying to get her baby home and safe and sound again but PayPal is being extremely unhelpful and non understanding and unwilling to help me with this issue. Like I truly don't get why I can't verify my account n that I am the owner with any of the other information on file or even using the other card on file. I can't even call n talk to a real person either seems like I've been blacklisted from that option and idk what to do. I need that money and that's all I know and I've tried EVERYTHING possible to get it but no they want verification of a CLOSED bank card and nothing else will satisfy them so my only option to get my money is one that is of course impossible to even make happen so what does one do when they are in this situation? I just want my money n to get my baby girl home and then close this account all together but that isn't even an option. I've been going around with this problem going in circles and trying all that I CAN possibly do for weeks and have had no luck so I need to know how I can go about this problem that is so seemingly impossible to solve... Plz help me !
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.