Help! I've been scammed and paypal will not help!

patmurray
Contributor
Contributor

SO i bought a trampoline off of a website that turned out to be a scam. I accidentally filed "unauthorized transaction" when I filed the dispute, so they declined my claim. I've tried contacting the seller with no response. The tracking number they provided is 100% fake. It shows it being delivered the same day that I paid which is impossible.

I've tried to file another claim AND tried to chat with someone, but now it doesn't even give me the option to chat with someone. 

What can I do? I've tried everything.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@patmurray 

If you can't reach PayPal to change your claim type and report the seller for abusing seller protection providing evidence with official documentation from shipping company of this fraud, then...

See section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Li20
Contributor
Contributor
I brought some disinfect wipes and on my statement that saying Clothing! I filed for unauthorized transactions! They got the receipt from the seller which was make up! I’ve been tried to contact the seller all weeks long no responds. And tried to call paypal or texted them, no one responded. The shipment tracking number was fake and there’s no way I can find it on usps tracking. I don’t know what to do! I guess I will try to message whenever I can! Good luck
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.