Help! Account hacked and can't log in to account to close it or get any help by phone

estewartdc3
Contributor
Contributor
My mother uses her PayPal account for her short-term rental business. Her account has been hacked. The perpetrators changed her profile and eliminated her email addresses, phone numbers and password. She has no way to log in to her account to register this fraud. Even worse, when calling PayPal to report the hacking, there is a fairly lengthy automated process and then at the end, she is told 'We can not support your inquiry at this time" and the line is disconnected. She has called 14 times in the last 48 hours. When she emailed the address, spoof@paypal.com to report the fraud, as directed, she is sent a form letter advising her to log in and change her passcode. That is ridiculous as she cannot get into her account! The other recommendation is to call the 'help' line, which as I describe above, leads to a dead end. Does anyone have any advice? This is incredibly frustrating! PayPal is being very unresponsive to a very serious matter! Thank you in advance for any suggestions on how she can proceed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.