Has anyone else been scammed by Cozyloves.com a CHICINFOS LTD. company?

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase at Cozyloves.com from a Facebook ad and immediately cancelled it after I got my receipt my address had been changed to Armed Forces of America.  After reading online reviews I discovered this is a scam to sell quality women's clothing at very low prices, but you don't usually get what you ordered, if at all.  There is only one way to contact the seller email, so I immediately sent a order cancellation on 6/17/20, same day, but the company has not responded as of yet 6/27/2020.  I have read that others have had this same experience, but  the online store name could be different.  The seller's domain name registration was on 3/27/2020, so it's very new.  There is no address or phone number for contact.  I disputed the charge to PayPal and they denied my claim, "because my billing dispute doesn't match their qualification for a billing dispute".  So I disputed the charge with my bank and that got PayPal's attention.  They are now waiting to hear back from the seller and I don't think they will.  Most buyers wait too long to dispute charges for websites like this giving the scam seller time to get away with your money. I was stupid to trust an ad from Facebook and even more so for buying from this seller.  I may be out the $210.82 if PayPal and Chase side with the seller, but I want to warn others.  If the deal looks too good to be true, then take a pass and buy from an online seller only after you have researched them.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  Yes, beware of any ads anywhere that show a product without the face.  I've reported ads on FB without any response or help.  PayPal has not helped me recover the $95 refund I am due.

Login to Me Too

Susie71
Contributor
Contributor
Yes never purchase from cozyloves they will not exchange /refund or send a return label .Keep telling me the return address is in China and cost is 35/40$ and usually gets lost on the way.Offered $5 then $7 compensation instead
Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I'm out $95 already.  PayPal has been absolutely no help.  I don't plan to use PayPal as a payment method ever again.

Login to Me Too

dcpmedina

I managed to get a return address from PayPal.  Shipped the item (cost $27.75).  5 1/2 months later the item was returned to sender.  So far, I'm 6 months out my $$ and hoping PayPal will refund the purchase price and the shipping cost.

Login to Me Too

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. PayPal is fully aware of the problem but does nothing.
Login to Me Too

RobinLB
New Community Member
I just received my shirt in the mail and it is a cheap imitation, knock off of the shirt advertised. So sad that companies & people like this exist in the world. I sent them an email w pictures requesting a refund, but after reading the comments here will go directly to PayPal to dispute. Grateful to everyone that commented, and hope the word gets out so others do not have to go through this totally unnecessary hassle.
Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  PayPal did not go to bat for me, but I see where they have for others.  I'm still out $95 and have learned a costly lesson.  I won't use PayPal as a payment method in the future, because it complicates the process if you have a return or any other kind of problem.

Login to Me Too

QLDgirl2

Hi All,

I too have escalated my dispute with this disreputable company to PayPal.

So far the only “help” I have received is to be told to sort it out with the seller myself.

yeah! Good luck with that. They ask for the most ridiculous things. The packaging my order came in. And photos of everything.

What a waste of my time. I will never get my money back and I have 2 pairs of pants that are useless to me.

I would’ve been better off using a credit card. At least then the bank might’ve reimbursed me.

Using PayPal hasn’t helped at all.

PayPal. You need to lift your game. Stop allowing these disgusting Chinese crooks from stealing from us.

Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi agree with you, PayPal and Facebook are responsible for these scams perpetuating online.  I'm out $95 that I will never see thanks to PayPal denying my claim right away which gave me no choice but to dispute it with my credit card company who eventually said the charge was valid.   Of course the scam sellers always communicate with PayPal and Banks, but will not communicate in any way with the buyers.   I'm done with using PayPal as a method of payment and I refuse to buy anything off an online Ad.  We live, we learn some hard lessons.  

Login to Me Too

Susie71
Contributor
Contributor
Yes . Two shirts two sizes too small and cheap fabric . Said it would cost around 40$ or more and take approximately 2or 3 months to get to return . I tried to get them to send a shipping label but they would not do that either should be taken off FB
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.