Hacked account

Dootenburg
New Community Member

My account was hacked to purchase a netflix subscription, but when I opened a dispute on it, paypal claimed it was legitimate.  I checked on the netflix side of things as well to confirm that it wasn't my account that the subscription went to.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Dootenburg 

Thank you for taking time out in using Community Forum as your means of communication with PayPal as our phone lines are currently closed due to unavoidable circumstance brought about by this pandemic Corona Virus (COVID19).  Based on my understanding on your post is that you filed a dispute to PayPal regarding a charged on NetFlix subscription.  I'm so sorry that this has happened.  You may check if you really have a billing agreement attached on your PayPal account on this link https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/i've-signed-up-and-paid-for-a-preapproved-payment-agreem... or if you wish to get hold of a customer service representative to further look into the details of this charges you may do so.  I know that you'll be asking as to how would i get hold of a customer service representative since phone lines are not an available options right now. Well, PayPal find a new ways to assist our customer and this is via Chat.  How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account.   Once you get hold of a representative kindly advise them to look further on the details of this transaction.  If you really don't have a NetFlix subscription you can ask for the reopening of the case and appeal the decision.  Once an appeal is processed we will give you 3 to 10 days (maximum) to submit compelling evidence to support your appeal.  Last thing, this a piece of advise and i guess this might be helpful, i'm a NetFlix subscriber if ever i've queries to them i always ask for the transcript of your conversation whether i spoke to them via phone or chat, i see to it that i have a transcript of our conversation and have it sent to my email (this is a valid evidence that could support your appeal). Hope that i was able to assist you on this matter.  Stay Safe and God Bless.

Login to Me Too

GAckers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had a similar experience. I noticed that on my PayPal account I had 2 extra Netflix payments.  I contacted Netflix and they confirmed that my Netflix account had been hacked.  They re-established the account back into my control.  However, when I contacted PayPal their investigation denied the claim saying that 'the transactions were not unauthorised'.  This is ridiculous, if my account was compromised and payments made then they were not authorised by me. 

When I spoke to Netflix they even said to me that when PayPal contact us to investigate the transactions we have the evidence to confirm this and you will have no problem getting your money refunded - yea right, I'm not even sure they bothered to investigate it. 'Guilty until proven innocent', very disappointed!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.